CLIFTON, N.J., Sept. 6, 2023 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — CS Analytical Laboratory, the world’s only FDA regulated contract laboratory exclusively dedicated to providing regulatory solutions and qualification testing services specifically for drug product and medical device container systems is excited to announce that it has partnered with Instron to host a webinar on functional and mechanical testing of drug delivery devices including syringes and autoinjectors. This webinar will be hosted by Med Device Talks and will feature Landon Goldfarb, Instron’s Biomedical Market Manager and Brandon Zurawlow, Chief Scientific Officer for CS Analytical. The webinar is free of charge and attendees may register here.
“The CS Analytical Team has a long history of working with Instron on unique and significant applications that enable more effective testing for container and package systems” commented Brian Mulhall, CS Analytical CEO. “The goal of this webinar is to review relevant regulatory standards and best practices surrounding drug delivery device mechanical and functional performance testing to help ensure compliance and regulatory success.”
The Webinar will be held on Tuesday, October 3rd from 4:00pm to 5:00pm EST. The key topic will focus on the increasing complexity of current regulatory expectations in the qualification process for drug delivery devices. Mechanical testing will be highlighted, which is performed to evaluate the device’s performance, inclusive of container closure integrity, dose verification, and functionality tests such as break loose and glide. Attendees can expect to leave the webinar with an understanding of:
- General regulatory requirements and industry best practices in container / device development and qualification.
- The role of functional and mechanical tests in product design, validation, and commercialization of such systems.
- Differing requirements stemming from the increased complexity of drug delivery systems, such as vials, prefilled syringes, and automated drug delivery systems.
- A review of relevant standards and guidance documents specific to mechanical testing, including USP 382 and 1207, ISO 11607 and 11608, and an array of ASTM standards, as well as the interconnections between them.
- Strategies to reduce risk by incorporating relevant studies throughout the full lifecycle of a product-package system.
This educational webinar is free of charge to attend. To register as a formal attendee, please click here.
TO READ ENTIRE PRWEB PRESS RELEASE, PLEASE CLICK HERE